Jan 1, 2011

My reasons

I am waiting for the inspiration to hit - for someone else to take my fingers and start typing the words that will inspire you and fill you with the courage and strength to make it through your challenges. I am still in charge of my finger muscles, nothing is taking over. :) I guess you are just stuck with me.
I myself have had many challenges. That is what has inspired me to start this blog. The first time I was blessed with help from the Bishops Storehouse life was crazy. I couldn't even think about recipes and how to cook new things from ingredients I was not familiar with. I was too stressed to read the pages of a cookbook let alone put it all together in a bowl. Somehow we made it through. Years went by and I found myself needing the blessings of the storehouse again. This time was really different. I was in a position to try new things, to really cook for my family. I know that Heavenly Father blessed me with the opportunity to see both situations so that I could share and bless others. I am grateful for this opportunity. I have been praying for a chance to serve, to give back after all of the blessings I have recieved at the hands of others who were willing to serve me.
These are not fancy recipes. They are practical. Some day I may share my life story, for now, here are some recipes. I hope they make your life a little more full :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am struggling with getting a food order tomorrow. It's been a while since I have been in a storehouse and I couldn't remember what they had. I wanted to have a menu made out before meeting with my R.S. pres. This helps so much!!! It makes my life that much easier!

Anonymous said...

Pls, pls pls post some more recipes